Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Candle holders, bird's nest, and a keyboard journal...

I've been making lots of new things!

I had a journal commission last week, I'm quite happy with how it turned out. I used prismacolor markers instead of an ink pad to get the distressed look of the stamped images. I didn't want anything thick, it's meant to be a place to record songs and musical thoughts so overpowering images would have been a bit annoying. I mixed in quotes relating to music with more images throughout the pages.



I've also made some candle holders that are listed at my etsy shop:


I'll be posting a tutorial and more of the flower candle holders soon. I'm going to be making sets of them for the tables at my wedding reception- the way the light shines through is really lovely.

Lastly... my newest obsession is with wire bird's nests. I've seen them as embellishments on altered object art, lots of jewelry... etc... but I decided I really wanted to make some bird's nest fascinators... so here is the first of what I hope will be many...



It's up for sale on mah etsy. I'll post a tute soon if anyone is interested!

xo- Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment