Wednesday, December 2, 2009

New item; altered art journals!

I love journaling, the more creative and expressive, the better! The M&M etsy shop is now carrying a line of altered art journals, each one is made using mostly vintage papers and eupehmia, no two are alike and I'm having a lot of fun with these. I can do custom designs with these if you have a theme or idea, or want something similar to a journal that has already sold.

The one to the left uses pages from an old children's copy of Treasure Island. I've used pages out of a really interesting 1960's children's copy of Dracula as well as vintage encylopedias. I have pages from copies of Madeline and vintage coloring books, etc. I have been using water color paint, crayons, and pencils to color the pages before I decoupage them on.

If you want to try making these yourself check your local thrift store for inexpensive books with great illustrations but be careful not to shred a real gem ;)

I am also offering free shipping in my etsy shop until January 1st on every order, including customs!

No comments:

Post a Comment