Saturday, September 26, 2009

I've made an addictive return to Swapbot.


I'm participating in a Swapbot swap where you gift someone with a little box of goodies made especially for them from the info on their profile. So the lady I got is very religious and enjoys cross motifs & whatnot. Granted, that's not my thing but I like a good motif and I found this wooden cross for cheap... so I did some altered art. It was photographed on the same paper that I decoupaged on. I used lavender, a sparkly apple green, and varied gold paints in layers, sanding them to show color through. It was a fun little project.



I've also been on a paper making spree lately. It was one of my favorite hobbies as a kid and I'm really rediscovering it. These are 100% recycled paper. The three colors pictured from left to right are Oatmeal Tea, Mauve Sparkle, and Mint. The Oatmeal Tea are made with organic black apple tea in the mix, it gives it a pretty speckled look (sadly the smell fades quickly). It has also been splatter dyed with the same tea. The Mauve is dried flower petals and glitter with a mixture of newspaper and colored art paper for pulp. The Mint, my personal favorite, was made with the help of my fiance and has chopped fresh leaves as well as leaves pressed into it. A few sets of paper are available in the shop if you're interested, and I'll be glad to do customs for people.

And lastly, I have some new designs up in the shop. A few silk flower clips and some barrette sets.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, the cross recipient will love it, Tamara! I do and they aren't my thing either.

    ReplyDelete